Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade and my backup lights will

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade and my backup lights will come on by themselves long after the car is turned off and then drains my battery, any idea why
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The park neutral switch that sends the signal to turn on the rear lamps to the BCM requires battery voltage from the key being on. So that leaves the body control module as the faulty part for the reverse lights coming on while the vehicle is off.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a diagnostic done on my Escalade. The place said the BCM shows the reverse lights are off even though they are on. They said the BCM is ok, there must be a "open" in the wiring, because the lower reverse/trailer lights go off with the fuse pulled but the normal reverse lights work properly with the fused pulled. The fused pulled was a 40a fuse in the STUD#1* position in the top left corner of the fuse box under the hoop. Any suggestions

Which lights are you having the issue with the OEM reverse lights or the ones you have added?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both sets were coming in a few hours after the Escalade was off, now after the garage pulled that 40a fuse the OEM lights work properly and I don't think come on anymore by themselves, I'll see tonight, but the add ons will not work at all

The add ons, are they wired into the 7 pin trailer connector harness or another way?