Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Can you replace the front driver seat of a 2006 CTS with a

Customer Question

Can you replace the front driver seat of a 2006 CTS with a front driver seat of a 2006 DTS and will it work ie will the cooling DTS seat still cool in the cts and does the music still come outta the speakers in the headrest of the DTS when put in the cts
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If your existing seats do not have either of these features, then no, neither will work as it is not wired for those features.

For the speakers, you would need to run speaker wires, and for the cooling, you would need a new wiring harness, climate control module, and new body control module and be programmed

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks