Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

Thanks. I have a 2009 cadillac cts with 40 K miles in

Customer Question

Thanks. I have a 2009 cadillac cts with 40 K miles in otherwise perfect condition, original owner. The car won't start. It has keyless entry. When the key is turned the light in the shape of an engine links repeatedly. It has keyless entry. I checked the batteries in the key fobs, and replaced the battery proactively about 6 months ago. I tried charging the battery, disconnecting and reconnecting it to no avail.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing is very likely caused by a key-less entry programming concern and in order to determine if in fact that is the case you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved that should be setting when the light is flashing. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved. If you are not able to do this there are some locksmiths that do have the equipment to do a scan as well as any programming needed. You may want to call around in your area to see if you can locate one which will save you from having to have it towed.