Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Ron Z. please: Same 2004 Cadillac_ Im also noticing that the

Customer Question

Ron Z. please: Same 2004 Cadillac_ Im also noticing that the fuel guage is giving a false reading on start-up - reads empty with the light on, but it goes back to accurate after driving for a couple minutes. Does this have anything to do with this 1516 issue?
On a sidenote I am having issues with the fuel tank venting system that I'm working on with a different tech. I have already replaced the venting solenoid in the rear and am installing a new sensor on top of the fuel tank right away. There has been some popping noises out of the tank area after I shut off the vehicle because of the pressure issue. But this fuel gauge issue just started with this 1516 issue.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

I think I only have part of the story here. Can you clarify a couple of things?

Do you have a current P1516? This is a TAC motor error.

What is the pressure problem?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ron Z. please