Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I bought a 1978 cadillac seville (gasoline) that had not

Customer Question

I bought a 1978 cadillac seville (gasoline) that had not been driven for some years. I had the injectors, plugs & wires and intank fuel pump replaced. The car starts and runs fine. But it loses fuel pressure after sitting for some time and is hard to restart. What could the problem be?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing sound like you still have a defective fuel pump and or a leaking furl pressure regulator. Norma fuel pressure should should hold steady at 32 to 38 PSI. One way to check the fuel pump is to try cycling the key on and off a few time before you try and start the engine. If the pressure builds up and the engine starts then start first with checking to see if there is any fuel leaking out of the pressure regulator and if it checks dry then suspect your new pump is defective.