Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2003 Cadillac Cts. I have been having problems with

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Cadillac Cts. I have been having problems with what sounded like the timing belt recently and was going to get replaced. As of today reverse on my car has stoped working and will now drive in neutral does any one have any idea what this could be ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 11 months ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.

Why did you think it was the timing belt?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tiiming belt was making weird noises had it checked out by a mechanic he said i should bring it to a cadillac dealership and have it replaced. but he didn't seem to sure if that was it also. but from my understanding the area where the timing belt is is where the noise was coming from

How many miles? belt is recommended at 100K as a maintenance item. Should not have to be changed earlier than that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
140k im not sure if it was changed or not I've only had the car since about 120k.

Probably needs a belt. Sounds like you may also have a trans problem