sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

2004 Cad Escalade 4wd .Air ride compressor dose not operate

Customer Question

Customer: my name is***** 4wd .Air ride compressor dose not operate .DTC C0660.exh valve Have power to the valve but no voltage out.Resistance showes open .New AFK compressor ???.Can bad exh valve ceep compressor from operation ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: air ridcompressor dose not opperate
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to GM Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: probably evening time i am at work now thanks and see you later
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still connected
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Yes, the solenoid circuit issue can prevent the compressor from running.

This code sets when voltage on the exhaust solenoid circuit is incorrect. The solenoid receives power from a fuse and the electronic suspension (ESC) module applies ground on the other circuit to control it Possible cause for the code setting are the solenoid, a lack of power to the solenoid or an issue with the control circuit. If there is power to the solenoid then the problem has to be the solenoid, an open circuit or short to power or ground on the control wire.

You mentioned something showing open but I'm not sure if you meant the solenoid or control wire. If it's the solenoid then the solenoid is the issue, if the control wire from the module to solenoid is open then you have a break in the wire.