Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Working on my 96 Eldorado northstar of course, I got 2 fpr's

Customer Question

hi jerry working on my 96 Eldorado northstar of course, I got 2 fpr's that are suppose to fit my 4.6 with ss fuel rail.. looked eeezzz and it is however they look different than mine I removed mine and mine seems to have a needle on the bottom and fits way down into place easily, I tried to put the new one in and it wont go down there and no needle on it ?...I started this whole thing over hard warm starts and with engine off, turn key on and pull vacuum line on fpr and fuel dribbles out of fpr ?? can you help ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  roybelding replied 12 months ago.

good evening my name is ***** ***** I will assist

where did you get the regulator??? is it for your car???

usually the o ring causes it not to seat well. I use vasoline to lube the o ring and that makes it much easier to install.

as you know, there should be no fuel in the vacuum line

Roy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi Roy I got both of them delivered from local auto parts stores the 1st 1 was an AC delco replacement but it looked different than mine, mine having a needle type thing on the bottom...the 2nd one I got is the same but both are suppose to be correct.
I coudnt fit in down there but the one I took out went right back in, there . the vacuum line sucks like crazy when running, and the fpr is dribbling out of the vacuum attatchment nozzle when engine is off ??..
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
hi Roy I got both of them delivered from local auto parts stores the 1st 1 was an AC Delco replacement but it looked different than mine, mine having a needle type thing on the bottom...the 2nd one I got is the same but both are suppose to be correct.
I couldn't fit in down there but the one I took out went right back in, there . the vacuum line sucks like crazy when running, and the fpr is dribbling out of the vacuum attachment nozzle when engine is off ??..
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I would hate to think 2 auto parts stores are wrong...but the new ones are both identical and both different than mine.?

are the new ones dripping fuel as well???

Roy

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
you are not on the same wavelength with me at all the new ones are in the box,

I am trying to be on the same. I read this,, the vacuum line sucks like crazy when running, and the fpr is dribbling out of the vacuum attachment nozzle when engine is off , and thats why I asked if it was with the new ones.

are you saying you have not installed the new ones???

Roy