cardoctor71
cardoctor71, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE MasterCertified Technician with 35 years experience diagnosing and repairing import and domestic cars and trucks
36867192

My seat is stuck all the way forward. The easy exit feature

Customer Question

My seat is stuck all the way forward. The easy exit feature started working backwards. Instead of moving seat back and reclining, now the seat back closes up on me while I'm trying to exit the car and the seat is stuck all the way forward. Won't move backwards but all other features work except seat heater.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cardoctor71 replied 12 months ago.

Most likely there is a bad ground causing this issue, I have seen instances where debris, books ,trash etc gets caught in the track of the seat and then pulls on the ground located under the seat, If the ground and ground wire are good ,then the seat switch will have to be replaced ,it has an internal short circuit. Please RATE my service a 3 or above, if for some reason you can not, Please ASK me another question, I will continue to answer your questions even after rating is given, until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can hear a clicking noise when I push the switch forward or backwards. And also, the easy exit feature is working backwards with the exception of front to back movement. So the seat tries to close up instead of leaning back to accommodate exiting the car.