Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Pam ***** *****. My "Service Theft System". Then it went

Customer Question

Customer: Pam ***** *****. My "Service Theft System". Then it went wonky. Key was stuck. Windows were locked. Gauges did not work. Stereo and AC went off. The dealership said that there is no actual service that can be done.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The light would come and stay on for a couple of days, then go off for weeks a time. Nothing else would happen. the check engine light and traction control light would do the same thing. Then one time it did the things I listed above. Took it to shop and after 13 days they said that a piece of plastic has been burned onto battery cables and they cleaned them. During the time it was in there, it was malfunctioning when I dropped it off. Then they could not get it started. They said then that it started but was not malfunctioning and could not be diagnosed if not malfunctioning at the time. Then they said they thought it was the ECM. They had already replaced it a couple of years ago. After that they said it was the battery. I picked it up and drove it for a few weeks without a problem. then the light came on again. Locked the car and would not release keys. I took it back in and they have had it another two weeks.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I would not mind paying $18 but I do not want to give my credit card info over internet. I am victim of identity theft.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 12 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I dont see it listed anywhere, so I need the year of your Cadillac as well as the model(dts, seville, deville, sls, escalade, etc)