rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Wheel hop
, When turning the back end of the car seems

Customer Question

Customer: Wheel hop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When turning the back end of the car seems to "jump" sideways. More noticeable above 60MPH. More noticeable turning right.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Some other info that might be helpful is that I have replaced rack & pinion and tie rod ends, but still have the wheel hop and some play in the steering. How long is the wait?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

I would start with a 4 wheel alignment due to the fact that toe, camber and caster setting need to be eliminated from being part or all of the problem. If all that is good, then the tires and suspension parts need to be tested.

Thanks, Ron