Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Cad XLT 2004 trunk opened but will not close with a push of

Customer Question

Cad XLT 2004 trunk opened but will not close with a push of the down trunk button
on the back of the lid. Also the light is not showing on the button.
How to safely lower? also top will not go up.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the light not showing on the trunk switch and the switch not working at all if you can check and make sure the switch is still plugged in and that no wiring leading to the switch is shorted or damaged in any way.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete