Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

2009 Cadillac cts 4. Thunking shuttering no noise, while car

Customer Question

2009 Cadillac cts 4. Thunking shuttering no noise, while car is driving and under load. Almost like a intermittent slip. Is transmission bad or is transfer case or Transmission output shaft stripped? Please help. I'm supposed to buy this car tomorrow
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If a check engine light or any other light has come on with this issue here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked/read out using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.I have seen internal transfer case issues with bearings or other broken or worn components causing this.This needs to be fully checked over before you purchase the vehicle to see what kind of repair this will be and to see if the current owner of the vehicle will pay for or help pay for the repairs for it.This should be done by a shop/facility that knows this model and can check it over fully.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete