Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I poured blue devil pour and go head gasket sealer as a

Customer Question

I poured blue devil pour and go head gasket sealer as a precaution because i went through changing the head gaskets 100,000 miles ago and i thought I saw some vapor from the exshuast. i dont have an overheat problem but I have diminished heat when I turn on the heater and the coolant in the expansion tank is cold all the time now. i ran the car it isnt overheating at all. I think I have a clogged heater core to the expansion tank. Should I try to back flush with water.
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The coolant in the expansion tank is cold even when the car has been running driving for a half hour or so. It isnt moving .I dont think its leaving the tank
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im an old timer mechanic 72 years old retired. this car has aged me. It has 243,000 miles and I do all the work myself in my gaage. It takes me days sometimes but it gets done. i feel bad for you young guys who work on these cars every day. They are difficult and getting worse.
Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

the engine is at the correct temp when its warm ?

and are both heater hoses very hot to the touch ?

Expert:  ggrote1 replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?