Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have a 2007 SRX There is no sound in the car. not just the

Customer Question

Dave I have a 2007 SRX There is no sound in the car. not just the radio, but the turn signals, interior chime and the tone from the senors when backing up and getting too close to and object I checked the amp fuse and it appears to be okay. This problem started right after I programmed a new remote entry device.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

This is definitely going to be due to an amplifier issue, but the issue may be easily correctable. Sometimes, the various computer modules in a car can go into a logic lockup and stop working, and you may have induced the amp into doing this during the remote programming, or it may just be dumb luck that it acted up immediately after that.

Nonetheless, the first thing I would try is disconnecting both battery cables from the battery, holding them together for ten seconds, then reattaching and retrying the systems to see if they work. It may or may not; this is merely a really good starting point.

If that does not fix it, then electrical diagnosis of the amplifier is in order, and you may want to refer this to a qualified repair shop, if it's beyond your ability.