Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a 90 Cadillac Deville with heat problems. I have good

Customer Question

Hello Dan, I have a 90 Cadillac Deville with heat problems. I have good blower speeds, with lo, auto and hi working on all the venting ducts. Heat is luke warm. I checked the heater hoses and bottom one with the water flow valve to the heater is hot, the top one is warm. I tried to feel the heater core to see if it is hot, but don't know where to look. I have the glove box off and have watched the programmer arm for the air mix valve run the gamit from hot to cold, problem is the hot air is only luke warm. I am at a loss, either the programmer or the heater is what I'm thinking. I would very much appreciate your advice and help. ***** *****
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** heater core is behind dash so not something you can easily access. Considering one heater hose is hot and other is warm usually means the heater core is clogged. You will want to disconnect both of the heater hoses and use a garden hose to flush it out from both directions which will usually solve the problem. If problem was programmer then mix door wouldn't move and heater hoses would both be hot. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions, thanks.