Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

My rear passenger window on 04 escalade will go down on it's

Customer Question

Customer: My rear passenger window on 04 escalade will go down on it's own.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: While driving intermittently the rear passenger window will roll down without anyone touching the controls. Then we use the power window button to close the window up. it is in 04 escalade
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Cadillac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, I am Cam.

When this happens, does the drivers front switch allow it to go up or must you use the rear switch?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can use the front drivers switch to put the window up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
fyi I was charged twice for this question. :(

Ok, the double charge I have to contact customer service about. With your window, if you lock out rear control does it still go down on its own?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok so that means the issue is certainly the drivers door switch. With the back being locked out and it still going down, that’s about all it can be. The switch is common for failure as it’s the most common one to get water and such in it.