Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

2010 srx just purchased has 65000 miles driving all day no

Customer Question

2010 srx just purchased has 65000 miles driving all day no issue , made pitstop for about 2 hours at a store . come out start car , notification in driver display ac turn off high engine temp. the abient temp outside at time was 50deg f. heat still working but the guage for engine temp is stuck on cold, turned car on off watched the dial for temp move to verify it wasn't stuck , let car sit in drive way for 5 hours still have problem
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem is with the gauge and or the sending unit or to see if the engine is actually overheating the first thing that needs to be done is to have the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault code and or codes setting which should be the case due to the warning light having come on. Most auto part store like Auto Zone will perform a scan for you at no charge. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you get this resolved.