rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

04 Cadillac de'vil heater was working until t by pheasant.

Customer Question

04 Cadillac de'vil heater was working until hit by pheasant. On passenger side bird went under car, after that cold is coming out. What can be the problem? Could it be a vacuum line or hose under the car?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Check your heater core hoses going in and out of the fire wall. You have collapsed one of them, or your pheasant did.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You can't have 2 question open at the same time, I had to close your newest one. Please Rate me now if you have no more questions.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You read the question and what do you think could be wrong?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

As I stated, it appears that something got altered under the car from the animal you hit. Damage to a pipe or hose is what I'm leaning towards. You should lift the car and inspect it.

Thanks again, Ron