Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years exp,Cadillac 6 yrs
13677702

My 2009 Cadillac CTS-V's battery went dead. How do I get the

Customer Question

My 2009 Cadillac CTS-V's battery went dead. How do I get the trunk open to check the battery ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, can you open the hood

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

owners manuals get updated so this one may not match 100%, under the hood near the main fuse box is a red plastic cap, you lift that and that is wher you have to put charger POS lead or jumpers POS lead, Then hook NEG lead of jumper or charger to something metal under hood, This is called the remote jump location with batteries in trunk, You cna jump or hook charger and opne trunk or start the car . It is shown in pages 48-51 in the owners manual, the one I have included lnk for here is the link to copy paste

http://www.cadillac.com/content/dam/Cadillac/Global/master/nscwebsite/en/home/Owners/Manuals_and_Videos/01_images/2009_cadillac_cts_ctsv_owners.pdf