Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My daughter has a 1991 deville that the heater blower motor

Customer Question

My daughter has a 1991 deville that the heater blower motor has been replaced and runs fine but no air moves through any vents or barely through defrost even though I can hear the motor screaming
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I installed a new blower motor and can see the dampners move when I change on the controller but I get very little air moving out of any vents it is warm air but no force
Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 1 year ago.

Have you replaced your cabin air filter?

Sorry, it doesnt have one. But if you can hear the blend doors moving you and your blower is working you must have some sort of blockage. How long ago did it work correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was working fine about 9 monthes ago when she bought it, it was blowing cold or hot, then she didn't use it until winter came and it blows very very little, I was think cabin filter also but it doesn't have one, the blend door works fine, and the motor is spinning fast.

It is a fairly simple system. Here is a diagram. I would say that if you can see the blend door moving, then it is probably the intake that is clogged.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I can see from under the dash the semi circle door that moves up and down and I can see the blower wheel spinning fast but no air is moving inward to the cabin, I can reach my hand in and feel the blend door move for defrost and vent but there is very little air at that point, where would it be clogged? I don't see or feel anything that is clogged?