Joe
Joe, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE, electronics, Marine inboards and electronics, automotive drivability, all around repair tech,
20508815

I have a 03 Escapade. The driver headlight is out and there

Customer Question

I have a 03 Escapade. The driver headlight is out and there is a hotel smoke that reeks of rubber or plastic. The truck has had recent electrical failures, off and on...please help!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

The first thing to do would be visually inspect the headlight wiring harness as what you have described is usually related to electrical shorting/melting. Next you would want to remove the grille and headlight to inspect the hid ballast as it is an common replacement item with hid's, using a voltmeter you should be getting power and ground to the ballast if so and the hid is not working as well as harness is good then replace ballast. Of course it could be many other things as well if not the ballast and would require electrical testing to find the short/place the melting occurred.

Thank you!
- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.
If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.
Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.
I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.