Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I keep getting a check engine light secondary air control

Customer Question

I keep getting a check engine light for the secondary air control system. 2004 Deville. I have a 2003 and the device that I can see against the firewall is different or looks different. When the car start the ildle is increased for about maybe one minute.
Then it drops. The idle maybe a little rough. One last when the rpms are increased I can hear low tone sound. Help please. Also I know theres a way to reset the check engine light from the dash. Help
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What year is your car and what code are you getting?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the deville I was able to reset the system. So I will have to wait til it lights again. I will write you back if that is ok? I will attach a scan to it and read any coeds it shows? I will be back..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know there is a system to read codes. If you would tell me how to read them I will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If not I will have to go to Advance Auto

DTC display; 1998-2004 Seville, 2000-2005 Deville and other models with 3 buttons on the RH side of DIC

Use the 3 switches located to the right (LH dribe cars) of the Driver Information Center (DIC) to activate and respond to the OBD prompts on the DIC.

ON/OFF = YES
INFO RESET = NO
INFO DOWN or INFO UP = manual toggle

Ignition ON, acknowledge any warning messages; press ON/OFF and INFO UP together for 2 to 3 seconds. Everything in front of you lights up for 4 or 5 seconds, then you will see:

Display shows "ALL?"

Answering YES will display "ALL CODES?"
Answering YES will run automatic test sequence and display codes, if any. Systems and codes will scroll faster than I am able to read them and write them; not to worry.
"ALL CLEAR CODES?" will display at the end of the automatic test. If you are satisfied you have the information you need, answer YES to clear/erase all error codes.

Answering "ALL?" with INFO DOWN will toggle systems test manually in order.
Answering "ALL?" with INFO UP will toggle system test manually in reverse order.

Press INFO RESET to reset DIC to "ALL?" to start again.

Ignition OFF to exit.