Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 v6 w/luxury package. I was

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 v6 w/luxury package. I was getting U1300, u1301 and u1064 codes the Cadillac dealer said it is an interruption of data with the DIM and it could be the PCM or BCM but couldn't determine for sure. I was getting Service Theft Deterrent Systems warning and the windows wouldn't go down, the radio wouldn't play through the speakers although was working on the display as well as the cd. The ignition key wouldn't come out and when I would open the car door there was a chime warning without the key being in the ignition. They found 2 fault codes in the radio and replaced it and for 2 months all was fine, but now the radio won't play through the speakers again and the chime sometimes returns and Service Theft Deterrent System. This cart doesn't have a chip in the key could this be a problem with PassLock? I was on the site a few months ago and they recommended replacing the ICM. Please advise
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet.

To be honest, communication errors or serial bata lines can be tricky to diagnose, especially online and if the owner doesnt have a full function scan tool for testing. Because there are issues with the theft deterrent and the windows, I more suspect the BCM is faulty, and if you have a Tech2 scan tool, I can walk you thru the needed testing