FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2002 Cadillac Deville DHS After random lengths of driving

Customer Question

2002 Cadillac Deville DHS After random lengths of driving the radio will shut off and at times change channel. The instrument panel will beep and temperature gauge and gas gauge will bottom out then come back up. Dash indicators of security, traction control, battery and 1 other will come on. Sometimes they stay on for a bit and sometimes they will go out relatively quickly. Sometimes you can turn radio right back on and other times it wont turn back on. The mpg resets itself as well. Also stability control message comes up. These issues have just started a few days ago.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. This is typically caused by a voltage issue. Most of the time it is caused by the alternator not charging properly or the battery failing. Both of these need to be load tested. If these are both fine then the ground connections on the negative cable need to be checked. It can also be an ignition switch but that is not as likely. Please let me know if you need more help.