Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

My 2006 Cadillac Sts is running rough when I initially start

Customer Question

My 2006 Cadillac Sts is running rough when I initially start it and until it get to the normal engine temperature. I have a tune up and had the purge value replaced to end the problem but it is still there.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Are you getting a check engine light and if so do you know the fault codes ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no check light
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

If you are not getting any check engine light and there are no engine vacuum leaks then I thing there are a couple of things you should try, start first with removing the negative battery cable and then take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and give the throttle body a good cleaning, while doing this also give the MAF sensor a good cleaning with some MAF cleaner. After doing both, reconnect the negative battery and start the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to relearn the closed throttle values. Give this a try and see if will resolve the problem for you.