Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

How can I stop my car alarm from randomly going off? How do

Customer Question

how can I stop my car alarm from randomly going off? How do I disconnect the alarm? It appears to happen when the weather gets cold. Thanks
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Depending on the model here it is hard to say for sure if the alarm can be completely disabled.On some models the alarm cannot be disabled as this will affect the engine starting up.

One common issue for the alarm to go off like this here is one of the door position switches (which are usually part of the door latches themselves) sending an incorrect signal on what position the door is in.If the doors are locked and then all of a sudden one of the door switches sends a false signal saying the door has been opened this will cause the alarm to go off.This is most common in wet weather or cold weather as this is when the electronics are affected the most.

Most common to cause this is the drivers door position switch as the drivers door is the door that is used the most.Most of the time on most models the latch houses this switch and the entire latch needs replaced to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete