Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT. When I am stopped or

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade EXT. When I am stopped or slightly rolling (never when I am driving at a reasonable rate of speed) and go to accelerate, the Traction Active light comes on, the vehicle stalls from a power stand point. If I let up on gas and re accelerate it seems to bypass the stall code. Any suggestions?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Have you scanned all modules for codes because it sounds like your describing a problem in the TAC system that is Throttle Actuated Control,, which consists of the gas pedal and its sensors and the throttle body and its sensosrs, or you could have a problem with one of your speed sensors,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have replaced all the speed sensors (thinking that was the problem I was having with the speedometer, which I now know is the cluster). How do I get the codes scanned on the cheep? I am trying to keep this beast running without costing a small fortune.

Autozone can scan thr engine trans and abs for free what problems are u having now