Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

Pete. Nice to meet you. My 08 CtS leaks front and rear on

Customer Question

Hi Pete. Nice to meet you. My 08 CtS leaks front and rear on the drivers side. have you seen that before?
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rain leaks in front and rear on drivers side.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have anything on the roof such as a sunroof?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a sun roof. The front comes in near the front of the drivers door. The back seat, drivers side takes in a lot of water.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I just replaced the sunroof seal on my f350 like 3 days ago because of a water leak.

What you need to do is remove everything that is in the way of you getting a good view and then sit in the vehicle while its raining and watch for the leak or hold on garden hose out over onto the roof from the other seat and look for the leak.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.What about the drivers floor?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

It could be coming from just about anywhere. The thing is to actually see where the water is coming in.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot tell you where the leak is coming from no more than you can tell me how much change I have in my left front pocket right now. Because neither one of us can see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Don't forget to rate me good so I get credit. After all, this is my job. If you need further help once you pinpoint the leak or need instructions n removing trim or panels, let me know.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

It's getting late here now though, plus I must have been living under a stone, because this is the first I heard of Paris being attacked. Gotta watch the news now.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

Find the leak?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't had time to water test it. had a Cortisone shot in each knee this AM, so I am taking it easy for a couple days. It has been dry, I dried out my car so in a couple days I will water test it with my Grandson. He is 15 and likes cars more than girls, until he is 16. Anyhoo, can I gat back to you in a few days?
Expert:  Mike S. replied 1 year ago.

I get the same shots in my knees. Just recently has cortisteroid shot into my lower back.

Ok, let me know when or if you find the leak.