Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

I have a 2014 SRX I have had multiple problems with CUE. I

Customer Question

I have a 2014 SRX I have had multiple problems with CUE. I DROVE A LOANER SRX 2015, The CUE in that car was much better and no bugs. The rear view picture, or part of it now appears in drive for a few seconds after recent repair. Previously the rear view camera or CUE failed with an error code, calls wont release, its hard to get temperature to respond, voice recognition is a running joke with friends, the dealership says they dont know what software version I have, they say I have the latest. I just want the CUE to work like the 2015 loaner. Is this just a software issue or some firmware and software. I have been real patient but I am worried that GM or my dealership has no answer at this point. I think they really tried, I have been a customer for 15 years. Can you steer me to someone in the CUE group that can tell me if my search for 2015 useability can be accomplished with a 2014 ?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

I don't have any indication that 2015 hardware will work in a 2014 application, so I don't think this is a path that your dealer will pursue. There is a very extensive software update to address a number of your issues, and I would want to be certain that this has been applied.

What you really need here is participation from the dealership management. Call the service manager and tell him what you've said here. It's ridiculous to spend the kind of money that we're talking about, to have all of these features, but they don't work correctly. Ask him for GM's customer assistance number, and open a case with them. This will involve GM engineering in your issue, and a field rep will make himself available to you at the dealership to try to sort out your issues.

I know it might seem menial, but you did pay asking price for the car, with the assumption that all of the systems were going to work the way they're supposed to. Be persistent, even if they can't fix it, you may convince GM to trade you into a 2015 model with very favorable financial terms (free?). The GM customer service line is a very powerful tool that sets these wheels in motion, dealers must respond to these complaints, and GM is serious about solving customer concerns.