Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

I have a 2004 Deville base. I have a loose connection I

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Deville base. I have a loose connection I believe in the main power to the seat adjuster and seat heaters for the drivers seat. if I jiggle the wiring at the back under the seat, it will work for awhile and then stops again. both the seat adjuster and the heat/cool seats wont work. so i'm guessing it's the main power wire coming in. Just dont know which wire it might be?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.

Usually the wire is one to two orange wires and they will be bigger then the rest of the wires coming out of the floor to the seat connections that feeds power to the seat.In some cases it will be a red wire but in either case the red or orange wires will be larger then the other wires.

Check and make sure any connectors are fully seated and are not causing this issue here.I have seen loose connections cause this type of fault here before with connectors needing reconnected or in some cases damaged or pinched wiring needing repaired to correct this fault here.

I suspect this will be a damaged wire needing repaired or a loose wiring connection needing reconnected properly.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete