Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, L1, Master GM Technician. Over 20 years of bumper to bumper GM experience.
25345654

P1860 tcc pwmsolenoid circuit malfunction and po741stuck

Customer Question

p1860 tcc pwmsolenoid circuit malfunction and po741stuck
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry Newton replied 1 year ago.

You still have the P1860 code after replacing the solenoid?

P0741 can be caused by a faulty solenoid, but more often than not, it's caused by failed turbine shaft seals on the channel plate. You have to remove the channel plate from the transmission to service these two seals, so you'll be needing the gaskets to go with that as well. Some guys do this with the transmission in the car, and I've been known to do that myself. However, if the TCC has been slipping for awhile, you can have damage to the torque converter, so to make an effective repair, I replace the converter at the same time... along with these seals and a new solenoid (which you've already done), this solves the issue every time.