Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

My steering wheel and driver seat controls have stopped

Customer Question

Hello, my steering wheel and driver seat controls have stopped working. Could this be a fuse problem?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

It's most likely a memory seat module problem. Both the steering wheel and the seat are controlled through the same module underneath the driver seat. The best way to diagnose this problem will be with a compatible scan tool. The scan should be able to tell you if there are trouble codes stored in the module and will give you an idea where to look for the fault. If you don't have a scan tool you can check the pin out voltages from the connector with a multi-meter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically I need to have the dealership use the scan tool to find the problem? I was trying to avoid the $100 diagnostic fee.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

There are two circuit breakers in the rear fuse block makred CB2 and CB4 and also fuse F36 that control the memory module. You should check them to make sure the circuit breakers aren't tripped or the fuse blown also.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will take this information to the mechanic.
Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Let me know if you need any additional info.

Expert:  Jared D replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to rate. They don't pay us if we don't get a positive rating.