camerontech
camerontech, diagnostic auto tech
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

2012 Cadillac CTS4 3.6L has 120,000 miles, it is making a

Customer Question

2012 Cadillac CTS4 3.6L has 120,000 miles, it is making a grinding noise coming from the front end...it started off making the noise only when I turned the car to the left but now it is very sporadic, sometimes when I turn right, left, but usually only
when I am driving slow...and now it is also making the grinding noise when I hit a bump the noise sometimes sounds like it is coming more from the drivers side than passenger side and now seems more like it is coming from the center front end of the car.....please
help
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

It sounds like you have a wheel bearing problem.

Gm wheel bearing are a very high failure rate.

You can tell which one Is gone by raising the front of the car up, supporting it, and spinning the wheels by hand.

You will here a low pitch growling noise in the bad bearing. Spin both wheels and notice the different pitches each wheel makes. the good side will be silent.

If it is really bad , it will also have side to side play when you shake the wheel.

wheel bearings for these cars are in the starting range of $60 for cheaper ones (i dont recommend these) to about $180 for the better ones. They are about 1 1/2 hours to change.

If you have any more questions id be happy to help!

I appreciate positive ratings!

cam

hi there

just wondering how you made out?

please dont forget to rate me!

thanks