Chris (aka- Moose), Cadillac Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have 2007 dts vin y northstar, 118,000 miles. it has a

Customer Question

I have 2007 dts vin y northstar, 118,000 miles. it has a ticking sound from left rear of engine valve cover area, it is not consistent,sometimes it does not tick at all & others it constantly ticks.no loss of power it runs great. I have 3 northstar vehicles & they other 2 have some light noise but the one in question is much more pronounced. what should i check ? I am an ase master tech & also have L1. but i have not done much work on northstars besides crossover gaskets,oil pans & valve cover gaskets. I love these cars & any advice would be helpful. Thanks, Dave
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

I believe in this case you need to remove the valve cover so you can check the valve train components. Possible causes are a cam bearing damaged, lifter not pumping up, or worn out rocker arm,

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris