Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

How do I get6 my 2000 eldo northstar to fill with water or

Customer Question

how do I get6 my 2000 eldo northstar to fill with water or vent?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Filling Procedure

1. Refill the cooling system. In order to ensure sufficient engine cooling, freezing and corrosion protection, maintain the coolant protection level at -37°C (-34°F) or lower.
  2. Mix DEX-COOL and clean drinkable water to a 50/50 mixture.
  3. Set the heater and A/C control to the highest setting.
  4. Allow the engine to continue idling until the lower radiator to water pump hose becomes hot.
  5. Cycle the engine speed up to about 3,000 RPM and back to idle 5 times.
  6. After the air has been released, fill the radiator. Install the surge tank cap.
  7. Allow the engine to cool to the outside temperature. Check the coolant level.

….

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you have a subscription or are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much!

.