Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My 2012 Cadillac CTS has error codes P069e, p018b and p2635

Customer Question

My 2012 Cadillac CTS has error codes P069e, p018b and p2635 acting like it wants to stall
Category: Cadillac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no other transportation and would appreciate a response ASAP
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot drive it because I am worried it may breakdown
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** motor do you have in this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
V6 3.6L
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The car has done this ever since I bought it and the dealership can never find what is wrong....so I had an auto parts store pull the codes because the check engine light doesn't stay on but it is doing it more and more...it even shut down while I was driving...sputtering like it was running out of gas before stalling....waited a minute and it restarted and acting normal...haven't drove it since
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It actually took several attempts to get it restarted
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

ok, withb these codes , you most likely have a bad fuel pressure sensor, and it will cause a hard start or no start, if the pressure sensor is showing too high, it will shut of the fuel pump, have you had this on a scanner and seen what the fuel pressure sensor reading is?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No...just had the codes read
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It starts normally and will drive normally and then out of the blue it will begin to sputter sometimes it corrects itself while other times it just stalls and then it is difficult to start after it has stalled but then it will start normally after it is turned off....if that makes a difference
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

this is most likely a bad fuel pressure sensor, and is common with these codes, we do alot of them for this exact problem, but until ypu read the sensor signal in the computer, its impossible to verify,Tim

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What should the sensor read normally
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 1 year ago.

it could read anywhere from 44 to 65 psi, if it does, then you most likely have a bad fuel flow control module, if it reads higher than 65 psi, replace the sensor, but its going to be one of these 2 components, the sensor is the most common,Tim