Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

1999 seville sts. Garage queen since new, suddenly developed

Customer Question

1999 seville sts. Garage queen since new, suddenly developed a trunk leak. 2-3 inches in spare tire well after heavy storm. Tried using hose to locate leak but was unable to see any water coming in. Water was clean.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The leak you are describing is a known leak and GM has released a service bulletin that deals with the fix which calls for replacing the trunk weather strip. I have enclosed the bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Water%20leak%20Nov%203.pdf