Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS with an annoying squeak that I

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Cadillac CTS with an annoying squeak that I believe comes from inside the cabin on the passenger side. It happens mostly when I go over a bumpy surface, but sometimes occurs even on a relatively smooth surface. I can't figure out where it is coming from. I've lubricated all passenger side door seals and still it persists. I've lubricated the area where the front passenger seat plastic trim touches the leather seat and still no help. I've taken the car to 3 Cadillac dealerships, and to be honest, they essentially just brush it off by saying that it would be extremely difficult to locate the source of the squeak. I love the car. I keep it looking and running like brand new and really want to get rid of the squeak. I would be most appreciate if you could provide any advice. Thank you!
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

One thing that can cause the type of squeak you are causing may not be coming from the inside but can sound like it, Try lubing the sway bar bushing in the front and rear of the car on the suspension. There are two, one on each side and if they dry out they can squeak over bumps and cause this type of noise. Humor me and try spraying them down real will with some WD 40 and see if by chance the noise clears.