Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have what I think is a 2004 Cadillac Northstar engine. The

Customer Question

I have what I think is a 2004 Cadillac Northstar engine. The bar code number on the valve cover is 10KDA L040780409. Can you supply details on what this engine is?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** were only 2 different type of engines used in this vehicle. There was a performance engine which had around 20 more and was used vehicles that had 9 at 9th digit in Vin. The lower powered engine have Y or 9t digit of vin. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to identify my engine by the bar code # ***** included in my original question
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

The VIN should be stamped on block, here is a picture. Let me know what the VIN is. Thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b2zf00s5gtcta3c/vin.gif?dl=0

-