Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 year as an ASE Tech
7276279

I have a 2010 SRX and the service rear axel message comes

Customer Question

I have a 2010 SRX and the service rear axel message comes on. I checked the differential fluid level and it is overfilled and the clutch level is low. Since the hydraulic fluid is leaking into the differential do I have to replace the entire differential clutch or is there a seal kit I can purchase?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Cadillac has release a service bulletin dealing with the problem you are having with the service rear axle message. I have enclosed it for your review in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Service%20rear%20dif%20Nov%202.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I knew about the update. My question is the hydraulic fluid has leaked into the differential so will I need to replace the entire differential clutch or is there a seal kit I can purchase or is the clutch sold as a non repairable unit
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

My information is not clear on weather there is a seal kit, I would contact your dealer along with your vin number and see if they can verify if there is a kit.