camerontech
camerontech, diagnostic auto tech
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

2004 Cadillac deville wit 4.6 eng Ihave not ingectors

Customer Question

2004 Cadillac deville wit 4.6 eng Ihave not ingectors electric pulse
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  camerontech replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

My name is ***** ***** I am a licenced diagnostic technician with over 20 years experience.

I will do my best to help you with your automotive problem. Please remember, I cannot see, hear or feel your vehicle which can make diagnosing very complicated and some vehicle require extensive diagnotics that require certain diagnostics computers that can not be done over a computer or phone.Please be patient as I am not online 24 hours a day, as I do work, but I do check my page every day.A positive rating is always appreciated for my time and knowledge to help you with your problem.

If you have spark but no injector pulse, than this is ecm related problem with the injector driver.

Check to make sure that you have 12v at the injector plug with ignition on.

NOw there is a factory tsb on a required ecm reprogram for this issue (tsb # ***** 04-06-04-060) . But you can try a hard reset first before you send your vehicle for this.

To do a hard reset, Disconnect bot battery terminals, connect them together for 5 minutes. this will reboot the computer.

I have had this work for several problems like this on caddys.

IF the reset doesnt work, and you have everything but injector pulse, than you either have a faulty pcm (ecm) or you will require the pcm flash at the dealer. Either way if you go the computer route, it will have to be programmed before it will start.

Give the hard reset a shot, and hopfully you will be on your way!

LEt me know how it goes and if you have any more questions let me know!

i appreciate any positive ratings!

cam