Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have 2 devilles. One. The one iam fixing up the left rear

Customer Question

I have 2 devilles. One for parts. The one iam fixing up the left rear window didn't work at the drivers panel or at the door. the lock will lock but not unlock. I tried the window regulater. Didn't work. Then changed the control box. Didn't help. But did
click. The orginal didn't click. I know all the parts I put in are good. Any ideas? I giggled wires no help.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Do you have a multimeter for testing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tested at the connection where it attches to the regulator. At first it showed Ol then 7.85 one way then -7.85 the other.

Check the wiring in the door jamb on the drivers door. Pull back the rubber boot and you will likely see some damage. If not let me know and we can continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I replace the entire bundle? Is a connection somewhere forward of the rear door. The problem is in the left rear door. I do have the other car with a good bundle.
Is there a ground in the door area. Is the low voltage because of a poor ground.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the interior lights are dim when doors are open.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wen into the left rear door jam. Pulled back the rubber boot and plugs. Took the harness off my other car and replaced. Everything works great. But the interior lights are dim. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cant rate you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I cant rate you