Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Roaring sound from front end on 07 srx, I have swapped tires

Customer Question

Roaring sound from front end on 07 srx, I have swapped tires front to rear, removed the inner wheel well, and the front bearings were replaced 7,000 miles ago. The only thing that quiets it is to turn right.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I apologize for any delay.

If this is an all wheel drive model here and the front wheel bearings were replaced to try and correct this issue the other component that will cause this is the front differential output shaft bearings that the axle shafts ride on.These bearings tend to wear in the differential and cause this here.In this case the differential would most likely need removed and inspected internally to pinpoint if one is at fault needing replaced as well as for any other damage in it needing repaired.This would be part number 11 in the diagram here.https://www.dropbox.com/s/12afiggty897l2b/ax-10-30.gif?dl=0

Even though the wheel bearings were replaced if this noise did not occur until 7000 miles after they were replaced there is a chance (and a good chance) that one of the wheel bearings has failed prematurely.Usually when you turn side to side if the noise gets louder one way and quieter the other way this indicates a failed wheel bearing needing replaced.This may be a part that is covered under parts warranty at the facility that did the replacement.If you turn right this shifts the weight to the left side and if it gets quieter this indicates the right front wheel bearing needs replaced.If it gets louder this indicates the left front wheel bearing needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.