FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

I have a 2008 cadillac srx4 3.6 v6 it stalled out while

Customer Question

I have a 2008 cadillac srx4 3.6 v6 it stalled out while driving i had just t opped off the oil and it wont re start i just bought it a month ago . Had a diagnostic computer on it and it said cam shaft sensors were bad so i purchased them and had the lot mechanic put them on, still nothing no spark at all.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Most of the time when you get a cam sensor code on this vehicle it is because the crank sensor has failed or the cam timing is off. It is possible that you have an internal engine issue from a timing failure. I would either replace the crank sensor first or test it with a computer scan tool to see if you are getting a crank signal from it. Let me know if you need more help.