FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH.
1627031

2004 cadillac deville hesitates while driving odometer drops

Customer Question

2004 cadillac deville hesitates while driving odometer drops to zero & fluctuates
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. Can you tell me what drops to zero? Also, is the check engine light coming on when this occurs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the odometer
yes the check engine light comes on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Bobby
I'm awaiting a reply. I asked for a call. I didn't receive one. I've checked PayPal, the amount requested has been deducted.
Whatzup
Please call me Xxx-XXX-XXXX
Thanks
Rick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. I lost connection. To answer your question, typically if the odometer goes to zero and the car acts up like this is is electrical related. It can be a bad connection at the battery or battery cable or a failing alternator. Since the check engine light is on the best thing to do is to have the computer scanned for codes. You can have this done for free at most auto parts stores. If you can do this and bring me the codes I can tell you what is going on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.