cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

I have a 2003 cadillac cts. I just bought it last week.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 cadillac cts. I just bought it last week. Twice while I was driving it the engine shut off and the display read "starting disabled remove key". I was able to start it again without any problem. I saw online that this problem has happened to other 03 cts owners. Apparently they feel the solution could be a module emulator kit because of electrical noise. They gave a part number of 10357869. Do you agree with this assessment? I am mechanically inclined. How hard is this to install?
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i agree completely with this assessment the emulator kit would solve your problem and it is not hard to install at all if you have basic understanding of mechanics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are there instructions with the kit?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

yes the kit comes with instructions to install

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must I purchase the kit from a Cadillac dealer? I am not having much luck finding it online.
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

i havent been able to find it online either so its looking like it will be a deealer item