Pete, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  17 years Cadillac experience as a technician.
14928985

Lo/ beam headlights do not turn on. cadillac 2003 deville.

Customer Question

Lo/hi beam headlights do not turn on. cadillac 2003 deville. when I press the power tester to the fuse lo/hi beam fuse holder under the hood the power tester light does not turn on like when I test all other fuse holders
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your vehicles DIM (dash integration module) powers up the relays to activate the relays which then power up the fuses.If the DIM is faulty (which can be common in some cases) this issue here will occur and the DIM will need replaced to correct this fault.The signals from the DIM and relays need tested to locate for sure if the DIM needs replaced and to see if any other components are at fault here.If you have a test light or multi meter to test the signals let me know as I can try and walk you through this testing.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.