Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), Cadillac Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

I have a 2014 Cadillac XTS. When I make a call using

Customer Question

I have a 2014 Cadillac XTS. When I make a call using Bluetooth connection to my car, the recipient of the call complains of extreme wind noise. My Windows are all closed, the roof is closed as well as the headliner. What can I do to make this feature work, I use my phone every day for work and can't be without it, but can not have my customers dreading my phone calls
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Greg Jensen replied 1 year ago.

Hello, not sure if this is your complaint completely but gm has a bullition saying this :

Customer may comment that the outgoing end of a Bluetooth call may have static that lasts for a short period of time when beginning a Bluetooth call, or when transferring a phone call from a handset to handsfree using the vehicle’s Bluetooth.

The customer may notice that after a few seconds that the static will disappear and the call audio will be clear.

The first 5-10 seconds of audio quality after the transfer can be "poor" on the outbound side. This is due to the cell hand off to the vehicle and noise compensation change.

Do not replace any parts or attempt any repairs as this is a normal operating condition.

Furthermore different phones have different results have you tried other phones or devices?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not helpful, I was looking for a way that I could make this piece of crap work better. After spending 60 thousand plus on a car you would think that simple technology that is available in most car now days would work as well as cars that are half the price. Your information did not help.

I understand I was giving you the info that has been put out thus far, I will leave your questions so others may respond. good luck !

Expert:  Gm Tech (Cam) replied 1 year ago.

hi there, I am Cam. Did you by chance have your On Star module updated recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I have not.

Ok, have you talked to a dealer about this issue yet?

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

quick question have you tried to use a different phone

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both a IPhone 6 as well as a galaxy

OK so there is a bulletin that may cover this. A bulletin is an information document. Its number is ***** This outlines a repair that may fix many possible issues by updating the software in the radio. Attached is a document to help out.