Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Cadillac Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My engine cooling fans are running all the time even after i

Customer Question

Hi, my engine cooling fans are running all the time even after i turn the car off and get out. I'm pretty knowledgable about working on cars, but not sure what to start with to fix this.
Category: Cadillac
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

What's the year make model and engine size?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1996 Cadillac Seville STS, 4.6L Northstar
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

The problem is more than likely a bad fan relay, your car has 3, the easiest way to tell is to just unplug the relays 1 at a time a time and see which 1 turns the fans off, and replace that one. The other thing it could be and I'd probably do this test first is a bad engine control module. Just remove the connectors from the module and see it the fans turn off, if they do the problem is than module if they stay on the problem is 1 of the relays. The module is under the air filter box, the relays are right by the fans. Please give a positive rating and reply back any other questions you have. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ratings page is not allowing me to rate you............ I don't understand why............. You have been very helpful, thank you.
Expert:  Triston replied 1 year ago.

Thanks man I'm glad I was able to help. Try the rating system again let me know what's happens. Thanks